WOFHRAD-SL, with funding from Actionaid International Bombali LRP, have been busy promoting rights in schools to raise awareness of education and the benefits to children, parents, community and the nation.
On Monday 21st October, we went to Masankorie Village in the Sella Limba chiefdom, Bombali District. Over 200 people attended the talk, including pupils from the nearby school, teachers, community stakeholders such as the Paramount Chief, and women’s groups. On Tuesday 22nd October, we also went to Pelewala Village in the Magbaimba N’dowahun chiefdom and did a talk to the local school children and teachers.
Both talks were a success as everyone participated throughout and all present were very positive about maintaining rights in schools, but what are these rights?
- Right to free & Compulsory Education
- Right to non-discrimination
- Right to adequate infrastructure
- Right to quality trained teachers
- Right to a safe & non-violent environment
- Right to relevant education
- Right to know your rights
- Right to participate
- Right to transparent & accountable schools
- Right to quality learning
Tomorrow we will do a further talk promoting rights to schools in Manokoh Village, Bombali Shebora chiefdom. We will let you know next week how it went!